Several activities with significant impacts to I-15 are scheduled at night for the weekend of April 17-19. Plan ahead to avoid delay.
Use Legacy Parkway, Redwood Road, or US-89 as alternate routes.
Avoid I-15 where possible.
- The night of April 18, southbound I-15 will be closed at Legacy Parkway and northbound I-15 will be closed at 400 North (exit 317) in Bountiful from 11 p.m. until 11 a.m. Sunday, April 19, when I-15 will reopen to two lanes in each direction.
- The on-ramps to southbound I-15 from US-89, Park Lane, Lagoon Drive, Parrish Lane, and 400 Northwill be closed. Use Legacy Parkway as an alternate route.
- All I-15 lanes are expected to be open by 3 p.m. Sunday, April 19.
- This closure is in place while crews demolish the old 400 North bridge over I-15 (see below for more details about 400 North) and complete concrete panel repair work in the southbound lanes between Farmington and Centerville.
- Beginning at 10:00 p.m. Saturday, April 18, southbound I-15 is also scheduled to be reduced to one lane near 2600 South in Bountiful. Northbound I-15 will be reduced to one lane in the same area the night of Monday, April 20 while crews remove the 2600 South lane splits and shift traffic to the outside lanes.
The I-15 South Davis Improvements project will replace the aging 400 North Bridge in West Bountiful in spring/summer 2015. The project will reconstruct the bridge in the same alignment as currently exists. No major changes will be made to the way traffic flows in the area when the bridge is complete.
400 North Construction Information:
- Beginning April 17, 400 North will be closed to traffic in both directions at I-15 for approximately 4 months.
- Bridge demolition will occur from 11:00 p.m. April 18 until 3:00 p.m. April 19. I-15 will be closed at 400 North during demolition. Two lanes will re-open in each direction on I-15 by 11:00 a.m. April 19 (see above).
- During demolition, the 400 North northbound off-ramp will be open, but the southbound on-ramp will be closed.
- During construction, the 400 North on-and off-ramps will remain open during the day. Expect intermittent nighttime ramp closures. Alternate routes
- Expect additional nighttime lane restrictions on I-15 near 400 North for bridge construction beginning in mid-April.
- Area residents can expect additional nighttime noise from April 17-30.
Construction schedules and dates are subject to change